Historic

With a history in the construction industry spanning 154 years, the Blaton family is a line of entrepreneurs active in Luxembourg for 70 years and for more than 13 years under the CBL name. The company has become a major player in construction not just in Luxembourg, but also in southern Belgium and north-eastern France.

1865

First establishment of

a Blaton-Aubert

factory in Brussels

 

 

1949

Foundation of SOLUDEC by Emile and Armand Blaton in Luxembourg, with many developments like ARBED and Goodyear.

1954

Foundation of Compagnie Industrie et Travaux Emile Blaton (CITEB) which later became CIT Blaton in 1988.

1984

Divestment of SOLUDEC to GMH group

1990

CIT Blaton completes many projects in Luxembourg, such as the Marks & Spencer in the Auchan Kirchberg shopping centre, BANIMMO office building project in Capellen, Moorkens Autopolis in Bertrange, etc.

2000

Construction of the H2O Howald office complex, CODIC K2 projects, Pixel and President in Kirchberg.

2006

Foundation

of the CBL company

(CIT Blaton Luxembourg)

wholly owned

by CIT Blaton.

2016

New headquarters in Niederkorn including 1,350 m² of offices, a depot and a precasting workshop.

2019

CBL is a major player in the construction sector in the “Great Region” with a turnover of € 158 million and 365 employees.